Thursday, August 24, 2017

Important Questions that Need Answers

 
My fists clench and my mind burns as I watch people dressed all in black destroy windows, smash cars, and hurt people.

At first I thought, why aren’t the police doing something?

Then it happened again. Again the police did nothing.

My next thought was, well if the police are not going to do something why aren’t the people doing something? If someone were smashing my car or my window my wrath would be on full display.

At the third battle of Berkeley I cheered when I saw Antifa running. Finally I thought, some people with a back bone standing up to these people.

The media, like a spider, spun another strand in their complex narrative. Violence at Trump rallies turned into violence erupts at a pro Trump event.

On the surface this was true, but the way the headline was written matched the way the article was written, slanted. Never was it mentioned that Antifa showed up at the event to start violence. Violence just ‘broke out.’ It was never mentioned that the violence at Trump rallies was directed toward Trump supporters.

The mainstream media wanted it to appear as if violence just happens at Trump rallies. That his supporters are violent. At the same time they refuse to show the violence of Antifa. I mean if you are Anti-Fascist that’s a good thing right?

Antifa and far leftists caused over $1 million in damage in Portland alone after Trump was elected. Yet they are praised after Charlottesville as some sort of heroic group daring to stand up to Nazi’s. My body shook with rage as the mainstream media, politicians and pundits all blamed everything on the Alt-Right Neo Nazi’s etc.

The Alt-Right deserved that blame but they were not the only ones who showed up to fight.

My Questions

I have been asking myself and like-minded friends what should we do? How do we stop these violent and destructive riots in the street?

It has become clear that in most cases the authorities are powerless or refuse to act. So we cannot look to them. The best they can do is try to keep people apart or remove a smaller group to prevent anyone from getting hurt.

The patients practiced by the police is uncanny. I would have a hard time standing stone faced as people yell and scream at me, call me names, throw bottles of urine and rocks at me, and tell me that the ‘cops and the klan go hand in hand.’

So what do we do? Ignore them? Organize and march against them? Organize non-violent resistance against them? Start our own rallies? Point and laugh at them? Try to talk to them? Beg the state to step in and exercise more authority?

I do not have the answers, but I know I am not alone. These questions are on a lot of people’s minds. These are questions we need to answer quickly and correctly, because if we do not there are plenty of other people offering solutions.

Final Solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment