Wednesday, November 8, 2017

It is Okay to be White


I am not sorry for being a white cis-gendered male.

Stop trying to shame me for being born this way.

Calling me a racist based on my skin color

 Is racist,

Calling me sexist based on my genitals

Is sexist,

Calling me misogynist based on how I identify my gender

Is wrong.

These are assumptions that get made about straight white men all the time.

I am not ashamed to be white.

I am not ashamed being a male.

I am not ashamed for being straight.

I could care less about how you identify, who you sleep with, or the color of your skin

I know racism and sexism exist in people

Which is why I judge people based on the content of their character

Not the color of their skin

Not who they are attracted too

And not the gender they claim.

I am not sorry for my ‘privilege’

I am not sorry for how you feel

Because only you can control that

I am not sorry for slavery

Because I never took part in it nor have I ever supported it

I am not sorry there are more male doctors then female

Because women are smart, strong and able to choose the job they want and get it

I am not sorry I called you he or she

Because how am I supposed to know what you call yourself

I am not sorry for being your idea of evil based on my skin color, genitals and sexual orientation

Because I am not evil

I am just a person who disagrees with you

 
Authors Note: Never apologize to the Progressive Social Justice types. It will never work and will never be good enough. Also, because it needs to be said, I do not support white supremacy, any form of ethno nationalism, authoritarianism or any kind of racism or segregation.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Wish I was a guy so I could send it out, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You could always share it with your guy friends.

      Delete